Over the years, Instagram has proved to be the most popular social platform that has tremendous potential for businesses across any industry when it comes to marketing and promoting their product. However, it is required to use it strategically so that you can enjoy all the benefits that it provides. A strategic movement and application of Instagram will have a significant impact on your marketing efforts and help in:
- Extending the reach of your posts
- Creating a better brand awareness
- Increasing the rate of engagement and conversion
- Increasing your sales volume and ultimately
- Helping in growing the revenue of your company.
Instagram has a wide and extensive reach which is reflected in the fact that it has over 800 million followers at present and is still growing. If you want to make the most of it then you should foster the Instagram community of such highly engaged followers.
Engagement of the followers comes in many forms such as:
- Sharing your content
- Tagging their friends
- Interacting with the content in some way and
- Clicking on the calls-to-action.
However, it is not easy to make your followers get engaged with your content. You will have to follow a few specific tactics to foster your Instagram community.
Post at the right time
The first important thing to ensure if you want to foster your Instagram community is to post your content at the right time, preferably when they are active and online. This will enable your followers to see your content making it more effective and do really well. It is then that the followers will:
- Like your post
- Share it with their friends and
- Get more comments and likes that are not from the spambots.
This will be comparatively easy if you make a proper calculation of the potential of your posts and most importantly you post your contents at the right time.
Since all social media networks such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook are simple feeds, it is important to ensure that you post newer content preferably with a few exceptions. This will ensure that your feed is higher up in your followers’ feeds.
Create a pipeline of automatic updates to prevent your posts from coming live at the wrong time. You can use Iconosquare to ensure that your followers are actually going to see your posts while it comes live. This tool will help you to:
- Find out the exact time when most of your followers are active and online
- Analyze the activities of your followers and
- Get reports back so that you can schedule your posts.
This will eventually ensure that your posts and content is actually working overtime for you.
Asking for engagement
Creating beautiful content and posting it at the right time is not all about making it fruitful and productive. All your efforts, time and money will be in vain if the posts cannot create the right kind of engagement among your users. There are in fact a lot of business brands that have Instagram accounts but are actually frustrated with its low engagement rate from their followers.
It will be unwise to think that engagement from your followers is very obvious and simple as it is not. Sometimes you will have to really ask them to engage with your posts that will make all the difference. You can do this in different ways such as:
- By including the specific action that you want your followers to take as a part of the image itself and
- Include this in the description of your post.
If you really want to Blastup your posts with a high level of engagement then the best tactic is to follow both the above-mentioned methods. However, you will need to make sure that your approach is specific and it is actionable.
For example, you can ask your followers to tag a friend or “double tap” on the post if they agree with it.
Ways to grow Instagram following
If you have fewer followers on Instagram as compared to that of your Facebook account, then rest assured that there is something wrong in your marketing or posting tactic. It is an established fact that Instagram is that social media platform that results in the highest level of engagement where in the people:
- Like your pictures
- Comment on them
- Tag their friends and even
- Post pictures of them.
It is that kind of promotion Instagram has on offer. If you are not getting it, it is time to reconsider your marketing and posting technique.
- First, you will need to put your handle on the packaging and marketing materials so that you can make it highly visible. This will ensure that you have a better search result.
- Secondly, make sure that you engage with the accounts of other people by posting comments. Liking pictures is a nice thing but commenting on it will expose your name and handle even more.
- Thirdly, tag a friend by hosting an Instagram giveaway in the comments. This way the audience will bring you more followers who may not have visited your account or heard of you yet.
- Also make sure that you give people enough reasons to follow you. These reasons can be a charitable purpose or if you deal with a fashion product it can be a style inspiration. When you incentivize the user there is more chance that they will follow you.
- Lastly, you should send products to the Instagram influencers so that you can make the most out of the accounts that your target market follow. It will be easier for you this way to find those accounts and see whether or not they will promote a post for you. Ideally, they would, provided you give them your product in exchange for such promotion.
If you allow promo codes with your posts than these influencers may charge an additional fee for posting. Make sure that you check it out with the influencers whether they will agree to a custom promo code. You will then be paying them for each use. Ideally, using an influencer will benefit both, you as well as the influencer.
Pete Campbell is a social media manager and has immense knowledge about email marketing and Instagram promotion. He delights his clients by helping them buy real Instagram likes. He loves to travel.
Show Comments (1)