Geographically speaking, this boot-shaped country – Italy is surrounded by three seas while jutting itself into the Mediterranean Sea. Seafood is prime news to this beautiful nation rich in all aspects, from a wealth of produce in veggies, meat, cheese, olives and seafood. There are a plethora of items that can be produced with this abundance of food, but today our focus lies on – Italian seafood!
Fishy dishes aren’t as common in Northern Italy as it enjoys the riches of the wild olives rather than seeing the glory of seafood. Based on the geographical locations – east, south and west – Italy sees far too many varieties of seafood. They experience everything from – shrimp, eel, clam and fish to swordfish, sea bass, tuna, and sardines. Today, we will learn the sweet recipe to making Brussel Sprouts with Anchovy Caper Butter & Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Salad.
Also Read This:- Classic Dishes To Cook
Brussel Sprouts with Anchovy Caper Butter Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 lb of Brussel sprouts (trimmed and halved)
- Two teaspoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper as required
- 2-5 anchovy fillets or Agostino Recca anchovies lathered in oil
- A small lemon (juiced)
- Three tablespoons of capers drained and rinsed
- Five tablespoons of butter
- One tablespoon fresh parsley
- Two slices of thick Italian bread – optional
Instructions for Cooking:
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour olive oil over the halved Brussel sprouts and toss them well along with salt and pepper.
- Now, spread this well-seasoned Brussel sprouts over a baking sheet, facing the cut side down.
- Bake this for about 20 to 25 minutes until they look caramelized.
- While the sprouts are being baked, add anchovies to a large skillet on medium heat and mash them well till they break up.
- Add squeezed lemon and mix till it dissolves entirely.
- Now add in the capers also sourced from Italian stores online and simmer down the heat once again and throw in the butter cubes as well.
- Stor well and ass in the chopped up parsley leaves – along with chunks of butter bread.
- Now add the baked Brussel sprouts to this and toss well to mix. The Brussel Sprouts with Anchovy Caper Butter is ready for consumption.
Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe:
- 12 ounces of any short pasta
- Two cans of solid white tuna
- Half a cup of diced onions
- A pint of grape tomatoes (halved)
- Half a cup of Olives
- One cup of diced cucumber
- Three tablespoons of drained capers
For the Vinaigrette
- Three tablespoons of squeezed lemon juice
- A quarter cup of olive oil
- Two tablespoons of plain greek yoghurt
- Half teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- A Quarter Teaspoon of garlic powder
- A teaspoon of sea salt
- A quarter teaspoon of powdered black pepper
- Tablespoon parsley (chopped)
Instructions for cooking:
- In salted water, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- While the pasta is still cooking away, make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl.
- Drain the al dente pasta and rinse it with cold water to stop the cooking process and speed the process of cooling down.
- When the pasta is finally at room temperature, add in the solid white tuna chunks and vegetables and mix them well.
- Now pour in the yoghurt and lemon dressing over the pasta salad and toss them well.
- Let it sit for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator for the flavours to meld it together before serving this cold salad.
If you were looking for healthy seafood inspired salad or pasta recipe to impress your friends this summer, then look no further! These two recipes will do the trick.
Show Comments (0)