Just got married? Great! congratulations on the new beginnings of life. Now that you’ll be planning to throw a lavish reception party with your guests and relatives, you all try to experiment with new experiences and activities so as to ensure your reception party is one of a kind. And why not? Great things in life are to be celebrated with full fervour and enthusiasm and your own wedding function is no less than an accomplishment to be cherished with fancy caterings, aesthetically beautiful decor, scrumptious cake, good times and great memories.
Are you the couple who likes to do everything your way and is hunting out for inspirations of what to do on your wedding? Then we are here to take the burden off your shoulders after the hefty weeks of wedding ceremonies and help you in planning your reception party in a unique way. We have come up with a list 7 great reception ideas every couple must try to make it a gala event:
1. Matching Attires: After the wedding, the reception is the first day when you can fully enjoy together as an officially married couple and appear in front of your friends and family as a Mr and Mrs. Leave no stone unturned to look like the couple who is head over heels in love with each other and whose choices are inclined with each other. The basic way to do this public display of affection is by adorning complimentary outfits that synchronize together well with each other in terms of style, embroidery, color, and patterns. Pick out gold, wine and ivory coloured outfits as they go well with each other and is a superb color for your wedding reception.
2. Scenic Backdrop: Make sure to get the stage arrangements and backdrop of the wedding decor truly in coordination with your outfits and jewellery. As if you choose to wear a pair of pink outfits together and the backdrop is also loaded with pink roses. Your pictures won’t come out to be that captivating. Make it clear with the wedding planners or the banquet hall in-house decoration team what are you planning and how contrasting backdrop you are expecting to seize those jaw-dropping shots.
3. Shake Things Up for Your First Dance: Truly the eyes would be stuck at the newlywed couple who just tied the knot. It’s the perfect opportunity to wow your guests with a fun surprise. Start off with a romantic song where you both can shake a leg together and your chemistry speaks out loud of your love and bonding. Prepare a parody of 3-4 songs that can depict your love story in a nutshell and see how you’ll steal all that limelight.
4. A lovey-dovey cake: Great cakes make for a great celebration. Surely no celebration is complete without the presence of a cake. Order a cake for your reception that is not only unique but says out loud of your love and happily married tag. You can customise the cake as per your needs and order a freshly baked cake that could be a photo cake, a fondant couple cake, a pearl white minimalist cake or even a dark chocolate truffle cake and get the online cake delivery in Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune or anywhere you plan to hold the grand celebration of your reception. Chat more, laugh more and eat more cake.
5. Host a lavish dinner: The taste and variety of the food speak for the quality of your arrangements and how much effort you have actually put in to make your big day grand. Arrange for the catering staff to bring out the best of world-class cuisines loaded in the platter for your guests. Offer a DIY coffee bar complete with flavoured syrups and toppings to keep them on their feet. Work out a little, pick the cuisines yourself and find elegant, creative ways to serve it to a large crowd. Another option is to skip the sit-down dinner altogether and pass hearty, satisfying hors d’oeuvres with cocktails.
6. Fun games and photobooths: To make the crowd enjoy to the fullest at your wedding reception, arrange for fun games and picturesque photo booths where they all can enjoy and click great selfies to add to your wedding album and make it live online with your trending wedding hashtag. Surprise your loved ones with unexpected entertainment during the cocktail hour or reception and see the fun ruling the environment. You can also add creative photo props to the big night, which will make things even more fun. If you are busy with the celebrations, you can also hire a day-of coordinator to oversee the details.
7. Personalised gift hampers: Don’t let go off your guests empty-handed. Design a personalised gift hamper for all your guests as a Thankyou note for coming and gracing the occasion. You can opt for edible and non-edible gift hampers both for your classic wedding reception gifts. For edible gifts, you can choose chocolate cake jars, quirky dry fruit boxes, tea flavours and even delicious chocolate boxes which are customised with the couple’s name and picture. For non-edible gifts- you can opt for beautiful showpieces, photo frames, a god’s statue and even a crockery/wine glass set customised with your name and pictures.
So these above mentioned are the top 7 ideas to make the most out of your wedding day and make it a grand event to celebrate with all your guests.
Show Comments (0)