Gong Yoo was born on 10th July 1979. He is an actor of Korean nationality. He is born in a family with a rich tradition of actors and actresses, which can explain why he was influenced by the world of cinema from a very young age.
Early Life And Education
Gong Yoo was born in Seoul, South Korea. His parents were initially reluctant for him to become an actor, but after they saw his acting skills, they allowed him to follow his heart’s desire.
Gong Yoo started his education in a public school, but he soon received a scholarship to an art school where he majored in traditional Korean dance. He was also quite proficient in playing the violin.
After graduating from high school, Gong Yoo joined Kyung Hee University and pursued Theater and Film studies.
Career And Achievement
- Shortly after his graduation, he featured in his first role in the movie “Schoolgirl’s Diary” in 2002, which also featured Han Ji Min.
- He appeared in another notable role in his next movie “The Shining Eun-Seo” which was released in 2003.
- In 2007, Gong Yoo was seen in “Coffee Prince” which became his big break. The drama aired on the Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) and also gained popularity in other parts of the world.
- He featured in The Silent sea (2021) which is a South Korean film. Gong Yoo had to go through some strict training to play the role of a sailor and experience life on a ship. The movie became one of the highest-grossing movies of 2016.
- On many occasions, Gong Yoo has been praised for his acting skills and unique features. In the Tv show Train to Busan, his on-screen chemistry with child actress Kim Soo-an has also received appreciation from the audience.
Gong Yoo expressed his interest to marry once he attained 40 years. But rumors have it that he is still single. Visit https://www.viki.com/celebrities/15754pr-gong-yoo and get to know more about this great actor. Gong Yoo is known to have the habit of being reserved, which makes it difficult for people to find out about his personal life. He has never introduced any girlfriend in public although he seems to have a romantic side and has expressed his desire to fall in love.
Gong Yoo is a very well-known personality due to his phenomenal work in South Korea.
He has appeared on the cover of magazines like Elle, GQ, and Esquire.
There are many more things to be known about him. And many other interesting facts are yet to be discovered.
Why Gong Yoo is a popular actor?
The actor is very young and yet has received a lot of praise for his acting skills. He has featured in numerous dramas and movies. He has gradually become the favorite of many audiences.
He is popular for his role in the drama wonderland lovers. He played the role of a genius CEO who has a cold heart but later on falls in love. Gong Yoo’s acting skills have been appreciated by many and have contributed to his popularity.
He is also featured in the movie Train to Busan and his role and acting skills have been appreciated by the masses. He has received a lot of appreciation for his role in Coffee Prince as well.