We can’t run away from one truth: cleaning plays the most crucial role in keeping us healthy. But washing and cleaning is not an easy task for wiping germs and other contaminants from an object.
How amazing it will be if you got a cleaning tool that can do the cleaning job for you while relaxing. An ultrasonic washer machine will be the right cleaning tool to ease your stress of whipping off the germs.
Keep reading this article to explore the top ten things you should know about an ultrasonic washing machine.
What is an Ultrasonic Washing Machine?
It is a device used to clean items using ultrasound and water or any cleaning solvent. Also, it offers the complete and rapid removal of dirt, germs and other contaminants, with sound waves having a higher frequency.
Top 6 things you should know about an Ultrasonic Washer Machine
1. Materials that make up an Ultrasonic Washing Machine
Here are some materials that make up an ultrasonic cleaner device.
- Aluminium or stainless steel: Most ultrasonic cleaners are made of aluminium or stainless steel, making them durable and lasting a lifetime.
- Tank:- This washing machine comes with a tank that varies in size and accommodates different gallons of solvent.
- Piezoceramic transducers:- You will always find this material at the bottom or side of the tank.
- Timers and temperature controllers:- It will help you control the temperature while washing clothes.
- Drainer:- The drainer helps to drain the solution after cleaning.
- Rack or basket:- While cleaning your item, it helps prevent scratches or etch.
2. The Cleaning Mechanism
Once the washing machine is switched on, the transducers begin to charge size almost instantly and convert electrical energy into ultrasonic energy. The transducer creates high-frequency compression sound waves and results in the collapse of cavitation bubbles.
The bubbles impact the items in the tank, removing dirt, germs and other contaminants.
3. The Frequency
The frequency of an ultrasonic washing machine is measured in thousands of cycles per second. Higher frequency produces smaller bubbles, gently cleaning the dirt. On the other hand, lower frequency generates large bubbles that collapse violently.
That means if you want to remove dirt from solid items, you need an ultrasonic cleaner with a lower frequency. Or, if you want to clean delicately like a food item or jewellery, you need an ultrasonic washer with a higher frequency.
4. Types of Ultrasonic Cleaners
These machines come in different categories;
- Industrial type:- This category comes with heavier compound transducers, generating high wattage. The tanks are made up of heavy-duty welded stainless steel. These types of machines are used for production cleaning.
- Small size tabletop cleaners:- They do not have heavy transducers, but they are efficient in cleaning lab glass and small objects.
- Small toy-like systems:- They are portable options that feature simple generators and small transducers. It is used for cleaning jewellery, baby toys and food items, such as fruits, meat and much more.
5. Cleaning Solutions
It is one of the most important factors to consider when using an ultrasonic washing machine. Before taking a closer look, do not just purchase the solution and pour it inside the machine.
However, most of the cleaning solutions are water-based. But you have to use other options for a faster cleaning process. Make sure to use a solution with a high or low surface tension and is safe to use.
If you want to clean any food items, you must use a water-based ultrasonic cleaner. Or you can also use a cleaning solution with a rust inhibitor, preventing rusting on objects.
6. The Cleaning Time
Cleaning time depends on how dirty an object is. However, the standard cleaning time is between 2 to ten minutes. But you have to perform an ultrasonic cleaning more than once when you need to thoroughly and completely remove the dirt.
These things will provide you with enough reliable information to help you make a perfect choice. You will find the different models in the market whether you want to buy a portable or heavy-duty industrial ultrasonic washer machine. So go through the article and choose your best ultrasonic cleaner to meet your cleaning needs.