You can buy a damaged car for a much lower price, as its repair costs a lot of money. In general, this is done by car enthusiasts, who themselves bring the vehicle to a normal condition. Let’s see how to register a used car.
Is it possible to register a dead car
Does the car have severe damage? It is not allowed to operate, as it is a violation of safety rules.
The inspector of the traffic police will not register the car until it is brought back to normal. However, there are several options that allow you to register your car (see below).
How to register a broken-down car
Provide your car to a traffic police officer for a routine inspection at the DMR. The car doesn’t move, or the license plate is unreadable? Then you need a tow truck and expertise on the subject of theft.
As JunkCarsUs notes, registration of the damaged car with vehicles not on the move will require a tow truck, which the inspector will get for the inspection.
The car with the certificate of the accident will be registered if there are no critical remarks. It is better to check the readability of the car body number, internal combustion engine, and VIN number.
It is also necessary to have an MTPL policy, which will contain information about the new owner.
Stages of the registration procedure
Stages of a broken-down car registration:
- For its part, JunkCarsUs notes that carry out an entry in the traffic police.
- Then you need to give the collected package of papers to the employee for consideration. This will take about 30 minutes, and then the expert will examine the vehicle.
- At the end of the inspection, you need to approach the employee to whom the papers have been handed over.
- If all goes well, the new owner will have to wait in the general queue for new documents. Otherwise, they will be told about further actions.
How to buy a used car
There are several options that allow you to properly buy a used car:
- Purchase with the simultaneous reissue. This option can be used only if the MTPL policy has not expired.
- Purchase by a general power of attorney. In this case, the car will be re-registered after the repair work.
- Conclusion of a sale-purchase agreement. This option implies the registration of the car after its repair.
- Documents for vehicle registration after an accident
The following package of documents is required:
1, Power of attorney for the transfer of authority (required only in cases where the owner cannot register the car in person);
2. Agreement confirming the right of ownership;
3. A statement with information about the owner as well as the vehicle;
4. Transit signs (if any);
6. MTPL policy;
7. Vehicle registration certificate;
8. A receipt confirming the payment of the state duty.