With headways in technology, the internet has since become part of our everyday life. However, it has both advantages and drawbacks. We read articles on cyberbullies and child online predators preying on innocent kids on social media daily. This blog will teach you about Keeping your Child safe Online- Qustodio Parental Control Software Review.
Parents are also more aware that there’s a lot of harmful information like pornographic materials, explicit images, and hate sites online. The problem of internet overuse and addiction is also worth mentioning. As such, most parents use Qustodio parental control software to monitor a kid’s online activities.
What is parental control software?
Parental control software is a crucial tool for protecting your child online. It can assist you in controlling internet use in a way that limits what your child sees, reads, and sends. It also controls the time your child spends on their device. With parental control software, you can pick the best programs and sites that your child should use.
You can also block ones containing unseemly materials and watch all your child’s online movements. By using parental control software, you protect your child from online threats and can take appropriate action in case of danger.
If you realize that your kid knows how to bypass Qustodio on an Android phone, rush to Google and search “sell my phone for cash today.” You’ll get a variety of sites that can swap your gadget and pay you in return. Select one and trade the device to intensify your child’s safety.
What are the factors to consider when buying parental control software?
Different parental control apps have varying functionalities, and you should choose one that matches your needs. You also need to go through parental software reviews to gather the right information on different software. To get the best value for your cash, pick a product that won’t compromise your child’s safety.
Key aspects to consider are
- Filtering– Most software will obstruct unwanted sites, but verify if you have control over the filtering system. Does it come with a database of restricted and family-friendly sites? Can you use it to create a supplementary list of sites that you want to bar? Does the software have an active content filter that prohibits sites based on the site’s content?
- Content blocking software-Ascertain whether the parental control software allows you to block other dangerous software. Check if it prevents p2P file-sharing; for example, torrent software, which kids use to download illegal software, movies, music, and adult materials. The software should block chat programs and addictive games.
- Monitoring software– The software should allow you to monitor your computer’s overall use and brief you on all activities. It should monitor all keystrokes and record screenshots, enabling you to view all happenings. Screenshots can act as proof, mostly in cases of bullying. Moreover, verify whether the software monitors the copying and pasting of texts and pictures on the computer.
- Time control software– Time control is another essential feature. It hinders your child from using their device excessively, which can take valuable time for other crucial activities. Confirm if the software allows you to specify the time your child should spend on the computer. You also need to review if you can set it according to different times of the day or weekends.
- Privacy protection– With predators lurking on social media platforms, privacy is crucial when acquiring a safe surfing tool. Check if the software hinders sharing private information and if it notifies you if your child tries to send personal details.
- Alerts and reports– The parental control software may not be helpful if it doesn’t give you a detailed report on the happenings on your computer. Check if it alerts you via email or SMS, this will notify you immediately once something terrible happens to your child.
- Software cost– The selling price is also essential. You not only need to check the functionalities but also the budget. If you’re not in a position to pay for pricey software, consider other free apps like bark, it’s a great Qustodio alternative.
How does Qustodio work in preventing online threats?
Many parents commonly use Qustodio due to its efficiency and user-friendliness. It lets you view your child’s recent activity on their device and the time spent on certain websites. The dashboard offers different options to set time limits, track texts, and block unwanted sites. It’s also excellent software for managing kids of different ages.
Qustodio parental control software can help you keep your child safe in the following ways;
1. Block Pornography
The internet contains a lot of information, and your child can easily bump into explicit materials. Qustodio is an invaluable tool for all parents; it bars inappropriate content even in private mode, thanks to the real-time internet filter.
2. Manage games and apps
The software sets time limits for games and apps, limiting your child’s exposure to online dangers and internet addiction. It also blocks apps that you don’t want your child to download.
3. Track calls and Messages
It lets you see how your child texts or calls using Android devices. You can use it to create a list of blocked contacts on Android. It also gives you a breakdown of your child’s daily activities.
4. Location tracking
With Qustodio, you can track your child’s location, enabling you to act instantly if they visit suspicious places. If you’re an Android user, you can use the panic button to send panic alerts in case of trouble or emergencies.
5. View social media activities
With Qustodio, you can view the time spent on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp and more. You can also see videos that your child watches or downloads on YouTube.
What devices work on Qustodio?
Qustodio works with a wide range of devices like desktops, tablets, laptops, and smartphones. It also runs on all Android gadgets like smartphones and tablets that run Android 4.0 and above. For Android devices, it features unparalleled functionalities like location tracking, a panic button for kids, and calls and SMS monitoring.
Qustodio parental control software is a priceless tool and the best parental control software for busy parents. Since you may not spend all the time with your child, you require the best parental control software to guard your child against online risks. By downloading the Qustodio parental control app, you can easily block sites that you won’t want your kid to access and track their location, messages, and calls.