This is a nightmare for almost every student that at least for once he or she fails to get what he or she wants. It may be good scores or good grades or first position but as the students have less experience of life and its aspects, it becomes very hard for students to cope up with that academic failure. For students their academic life is their whole world so it is very common that in any particular assignment a student cannot get good marks, for any research paper could not get appreciation or in sports could not get first prize even after so much hard work. A student tries to give his or her best in his/her academic performance and facing such a failure breaks the student to the core and from inside that student gets filled with such darkness where he/she is unable to see what to do next or what not to do. That student loses faith in himself/herself totally and morale gets so down that they think of themselves completely useless. From this kind of hopeless situation only they can pull out themselves and nobody else can. So, in this article we will talk about those tips through which a student can help himself/herself out to cope up with academic failure:
- Whenever a student fails, he goes through a various number of emotional twisters like disappointment, shame, sadness, worry, anger and embarrassment among elders and peer groups who had expectations from him/her and it’s human nature to try to escape from such emotions which later becomes reason for depression and stress. A student or individual needs to face such negative emotions and give the heart and mind to accept this failure and feel, to search out that mistake which brought this failure so that mind and heart can get peace and calm. A teacher should also give the student motivational quotes like failure is the part of life. When a teacher gives the student motivational quotes, it boots up his moral.
- Students should use those human emotions towards themselves also which he or she uses for others in such situations like compassion. So one should use self-compassion to console himself in such a situation under which he can take care of himself, should be warm and loving towards himself instead of criticizing and judging. This is necessary because it is said in psychology that if you can’t be kind and loving towards yourself then you can’t show these emotions towards others for real.
- When a student wants to learn something new these days, he finds out best app for online teaching and from that best app for online teaching he grasps the most wonderful information he wants, the same when he faces failures, he should also find out the mistakes he made that brought failure and the best way to learn from his mistakes. The failed student should understand that just because he failed doesn’t mean that he is incompetent, it just means he hasn’t figured out how to win yet but sooner he will.
- Thinking over the failure is not bad but only mourning over failures and doing nothing regarding it wrong. This will continuously keep the student stuck at one place. One should show kindness and affection as one shows to others in such a situation and muster the courage to try again. For this he needs to revisit the whole plan he worked over, find out the mistakes, make the amendments and create a new plan of action to race once again in order to win and achieve the goal.
- From failure to again such hard preparation one should give his mind some rest in the middle, such as one should develop some interest out of his goals also so that the mind should get relaxed and calm to do some innovative thing to the goal and its practice.
- No one will ever appreciate your hard work. Instead people always wait for your one mistake to laugh at you and mock you. So don’t feel pity on you, instead appreciate the hard work you did for your goal; because only you know how hard you practiced for it whether you failed or passed. You need to do self -appreciation.